Italy Instagram captions make a great accompaniment to the gorgeous photos that you take during your travels in Italy. You can use them on your social media or simply scrawled beside your photo memories in physical photo albums and scrapbooks.
Italy, with its rich and fascinating history, its quaint and beautiful islands, its unparalleled wine regions, and its cute traditional villages, makes the top of many people’s travel bucket lists. Indeed, more than 94 million tourists visit the country each year, making Italy the fifth most visited country.
Embarking on an Italy itinerary is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The country has so much to offer that it is impossible to see even a fraction of Italy on one trip.
Whether you are navigating the chic streets of Milan and shopping and catching a show at La Scala among its well-heeled residents, or you are contending with the chaos of Naples, these Italy Instagram captions will serve you well. Some are lighthearted and fun, others are quotes about Italy by notable figures and celebrities.
Best Italy Instagram Captions
- La dolce far niente!
- Living la bella vita in Italy!
- Money can’t buy happiness but it can buy a trip to Italy and that is kind of the same thing
- Ciao Italia!
- Buongiorno, Italia!
- Just arrived in Italy and I can tell you history books -> Real life
- I followed my heart and it led me to Italy
- Oh Italy, you have me under your spell
- We will always have Italy
- Having my own Eat-Pray-Love experience in Italy
- Arrived in the land of pizza and pasta
- Italy, it’s amore!
- When in Rome…
- Waking up in Italy…
- All roads lead to Rome
- Italy, I think I love you
- *clicks shoes together* There’s no place like Rome, there’s no place like Rome.”
- Sad that we’ve run out of thyme here in Italy
- Kisses from Italy
- Meanwhile in Italy…
- Veni, vidi, amavi. We came, we saw, we loved.
- Leaving Italy today and I will be leaving a pizza my heart behind
- Keep calm and go to Italy
- Buogiorno principessa! Life in Italy is beautiful
Venice Instagram Captions
When planning a trip to Italy, Venice is likely high on your list. The city is the capital of Italy’s Veneto region and it needs no introduction.
There are no roads here, just an intricate, labyrinth-like network of canals best navigated in a gondola. Ideally, you are accompanied by a singing Gondolier too, who serenades you with all the classics as you explore.
Venice and its lagoon were inscribed as a UNESCO world heritage site back in 1987. Every year, the city sinks a little bit more into the water – a reality not helped by global warming.
The Rialto and St Mark’s Square are must-sees. Regardless of how touristic Venice may seem, or how many times you have seen it photographed in travel media, nothing compares to arriving here and seeing it firsthand for yourself.
- St Marks the spot
- The floating city has my heart
- Going, going, gondola!
- When I see Venice, my eyes turn into little hearts
- Oh darling, why don’t we just stay in Venice?
- Never met a Venetian canal I didn’t like
- Whatever floats your gondola
- There’s nothing to wine about in Venice
- Venice, I’m gondola miss you
- If you read a lot, nothing is as great as you’ve imagined. Venice is, Venice is better” – Fran Lebowitz
- It seemed like a magical city, floating on the lagoon as if conjured by an enchanter’s wand – Kate Forsyth
Instagram Captions in Italian
If you want to appear mysterious and cultured, you may want to write your Instagram captions in Italian. Below, you will find a selection of Italy Instagram captions in Italian that are a mixture of funny Italian phrases, proverbs, and traditional sayings.
- Hai una mappa? Mi sono perso nei tuoi occhi (Have you got a map? I was lost in your eyes)
- A tavola non si invecchia (You don’t get old when you’re sat having dinner)
- Mangia che ti passa (Eat and you will feel better)
- Il buongiorno si vede dal mattino (A good day starts in the morning
- Vedi Napoli e poi muori (see Naples and die)
- Anni e bicchieri di vino non si contano mai (Age and glasses of wine should not be counted)
- Chi dorme non piglia pesci (Who sleeps does not catch the fish aka dont be lazy!)
- Meglio solo che male accompagnato (Better alone than in bad company)
- Amor senza baruffa fa la muffa (Love with no quarrels gets mould)
- La cucina di un popolo è la sola esatta testimonianza della sua civiltà. (The cuisine of a country is the only testimony of its civilisation worth listening to)
Italian Jokes and Italian Puns for Instagram
Italian jokes, as jokes in any country, vary from sophisticated intellectual humor, to cringy dad jokes. But sometimes, Italian jokes are so bad that they are good. And besides, they make good Italy Instagram captions if you are looking for something a little unique.
Best Italian Jokes
- Did you hear about the Italian chef that died? He pasta-way
- Oh Italian coffee, words cannot espresso how much you mean to me!
- Penne for your thoughts?
- Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard and believe in yourself (Bill Murray)
- What do you call a Roman with a cold? Julis Sneezer
- What does an Italian have when one arm is shorter than the other? A speech impediment
- My wife didn’t think I could make a car out of spaghetti. You should have seen her face when I drove pasta
- I’m not Alfredo telling you that I’m in love with Italy!
- You cannoli do so much on one vacation.
- Italy has turned me into a gelat-hoe
- I chianti-ven believe I have to leave Italy soon
- My friend was thinking of randomly traveling to this little island south of Italy. I said “Don’t be Sicily”
- Italy, I’m going to tiramisu terribly!
- Italians are so good at making coffee because they are good at espresso themselves.
- Where do foodie Italians go on vacation? The Leaning Tower of Pizza.
- I don’t gnocchi how I am going to cope when I have to leave Italy
- Italy: Come for the sightseeing, stay for the gelato
- Maybe we should ask him to join us? He looks cannelloni
- What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta
- You can cannoli imagine how beautiful Italy is in real life
- What do you call an Italian with a rubber toe? Roberto
- You want a Pisa me?
- I’m pasta-tive that we will be back in Italy soon!
- Italy is prosecco-nd to none!
- My favorite instrument is the limoncello.
- Italy has Agrippa on my heart.
- Travel is not about finding yourself. It is about finding pizza in Italy.
- I’m having a Venice time
Thoughtful Italy Instagram Captions by Famous People
- Venice is like eating an entire box of chocolate liqueurs in one go – Truman Capote
- Everything you see, I owe to pasta – Sophia Loren
- You may have the universe if I may have Italy – Giuseppe Verdi
- Life is a combination of magic and pasta – Federico Fellini
- Italians stroll into work at 10. Lunch from 12 till three. Leave work at five. That’s living! John Lydon
- In heaven, after antipasti, the first course will be pasta – Steve Albini
- If I could re-name love, I’d call it Venezia – Conny Cernik
- Is there anywhere in the world as full of beauty as Italy? Natalia Sanmartin Fenollera
- Naples sitteth by the sea, a keystone of an arch of azure – Martin Farquhar Tupper
- Rome is the city of echoes, the city of illusions, and the city of yearning – Giotto di Bondone
- To Rome, for everything – Miguel de Cervantes
- Venice never quite seems real, but rather an ornate film set suspended on the water – Frida Giannini
General Ideas for Italy Instagram Captions
- You’ll never know how beautiful the world can be until you go and see it for yourself
- I’ve found my happy place
- Take memories, leave footprints
- Always say yes to new adventures
- From now on I am only doing things that spark joy… like taking trips to Italy
- Greetings from Italy. I live here now
- Somewhere between living and dreaming, there’s Venice
- Might just stay in Italy indefinitely
- Tans fade but memories last a lifetime
- I’m a travel addict on the road to recovery. Just kidding, I’m on my way to the airport
- Life’s too short, get the double scoop of gelato
- Problems come and go, pizza is forever
- Can you ever really eat too much pasta?
- I want someone to look at me the way I look at pizza
- They say ‘do what makes you happy’ so I bought a ticket to Italy
I used to live in Naples. I am happy to assist with any questions you may have. Feel free to drop me a comment below.
Buon viaggio! Melissa xo