High Heels and a Backpack is an established travel blog that focuses on travel in Greece and the Mediterranean. Since being founded in 2016, it has developed a dedicated, diverse international audience, many of whom visit the site directly when planning their trips to Greece.
The philosophy behind High Heels and a Backpack is based on delving beneath the surface of destinations travelled, gaining a deeper understanding of countries and cultures, and learning that travel is more than just seeing the sights.
High Heels and a Backpack has an audience of 150,000 monthly readers plus a large, dedicated social following. The content published here appeals to a diverse range of readers across the world.
58.5% of our readers are female, and 41.5% are male. Most readers are aged between 18 and 44 years old, but much of our content is universal and appeals to everyone.
More than 15% of our readers (equating to hundreds of thousands of visitors each year) are aged 55 and above. Many want guidance on planning long-term retirement trips to the Mediterranean or moving to Greece when they retire.
Based on Google Analytics data for the past few years, we can note that our demographic has a strong interest in travel (naturally), health, and fitness. Many are also food, dining, and cooking enthusiasts or consider themselves art & theater aficionados.
Our readership is mostly degree-educated, has disposable income, and is not afraid to spend money to enhance the quality of their trip. Many book independently-owned boutique luxe hotels when they travel, rent cars to make getting around easier and book the services of local guides and tour companies to take the stress out of managing the logistics of their trip.
Geographically, our audiences are predominantly located in the United States, the United Kingdom, Greece, Canada, and Australia.
There are a number of ways in which we can work together. I am open to sponsored posts, brand collaborations, tourism board collaborations, press trips, and affiliate partnerships if it’s a good fit with my readership.
Please note that I properly disclose all sponsored posts in accordance with FTC regulations. I do not sell links or engage in Black Hat SEO practices.
Please refrain from emailing me with requests for me to publish content that contains a link to your client’s website. Unfortunately, I receive dozens of these every day. I will simply mark it as spam and not respond.
Commissioned articles and media mentions
High Heels and a Backpack has been featured in a number of reputable media publications across the globe. I have been featured in the Huffington Post, The Times of Israel, Elle France, Atlas Obscura, Neos Kosmos, Boots n All, Tripzilla, Kathimerini, and CBS America.
I also regularly contribute to notable travel magazines and publications around the world. My written work has been featured in Forbes Travel Guide, Matador Network, and Thought Catalog.
Notable media mentions
- Suggestions about traveling in Greece from travel experts – Kathimerini, Greece’s daily newspaper
- Athens from a local perspective – CBS America and Peter Greenberg travel podcast
- Traveling alone in Greece as a woman – Neos Kosmos, Greek Australian newspaper
- World’s best travel blogs of 2022 – Gary Arndt, Everything-Everywhere
Articles produced for external publications
- Lotte Hotel Seoul overview – Forbes Travel Guide
- Intercontinental Seoul Coex overview – Forbes Travel Guide
- Grand Intercontinental Seoul Parnas overview – Forbes Travel Guide
- Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul overview – Forbes Travel Guide
- The Westin Josun Seoul overview – Forbes Travel Guide
- How travel stopped me from worrying about the unknown – Matador Network
- The dark side of being a Digital Nomad – Matador Network
- Why you should give slow travel a chance – Tripzilla
- Here is why solo female travel is still a big deal – The Huffington Post
- Returning home after traveling the world – The Huffington Post
- Why travel makes me undateable – Thought Catalog
High Heels and a Backpack has successfully worked with many brands around the world; tourism boards, hotels, tours, and travel brands. Proven ROI has been demonstrated in all partnerships.
For some of the travel companies I work with as an affiliate partner, I successfully and consistently send more than $100k worth of sales to my partners each year. Here is a selection of brands I have worked with:
- Hilton Hotel Group
- Coca Cola
- Abraham Tours and Hostels, Israel
- Alternative Athens Tours
- Druk Air, Royal Bhutan Airlines
- Druk Asia, Bhutan Tour Company
- Brown Hotels
- Margi Hotel, Athens
- AthensWas luxury boutique hotel
- The Roman Guy Tours
- Taste Porto Food Tours
- Discover Cars
- Get Your Guide
- Trazy South Korea
- ITTT (International TEFL School)
If you would like to discuss working together, or you would like to request a media pack or writing portfolio, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
You may also be interested in my Mexico travel website – Mexico Travel Secrets which I started in the spring of 2022 since I am currently dividing my time between Greece and Mexico. It is a work in progress but as of 2023, it sees 40,000 monthly page views from a predominantly (70%) US audience.