High Heels and a Backpack is an established travel blog that focuses on travel in Greece and the Mediterranean. Since being founded in 2016, it has developed a dedicated, diverse international audience.
The philosophy behind High Heels and a Backpack is based on delving beneath the surface of destinations travelled, gaining a deeper understanding of countries and cultures, and learning that travel is more than just seeing the sights.
High Heels and a Backpack has an audience of 250,000 monthly readers, and 300,000 monthly page views. I also have over 46,000 social media followers split across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
There are a number of ways in which we can work together. I am open to sponsored posts, brand collaborations, tourism board collaborations, press trips, and partnerships if it’s a good fit with my readership.
Please note that I properly disclose all sponsored posts in accordance with FTC regulations. I do not sell links or engage in Black Hat SEO practices.
Please refrain from emailing me with requests for me to publish content that contains a link to your client’s website. Unfortunately, I receive dozens of these every day. I will simply mark it as spam and not respond.
Commissioned articles and media mentions
High Heels and a Backpack has been featured in a number of reputable media publications across the globe. I have been featured in the Huffington Post, The Times of Israel, Elle France, Atlas Obscura, Neos Kosmos, Boots n All, Tripzilla, Kathimerini, and CBS America.
I also regularly contribute to notable travel magazines and publications around the world. My written work has been featured in Forbes Travel Guide, Matador Network, and Thought Catalog.
Notable media mentions
- Suggestions about traveling in Greece from travel experts – Kathimerini, Greece’s daily newspaper
- Athens from a local perspective – CBS America and Peter Greenberg travel podcast
- Traveling alone in Greece as a woman – Neos Kosmos, Greek Australian newspaper
- World’s best travel blogs of 2022 – Gary Arndt, Everything-Everywhere
Articles produced for external publications
- Lotte Hotel Seoul overview – Forbes Travel Guide
- Intercontinental Seoul Coex overview – Forbes Travel Guide
- Grand Intercontinental Seoul Parnas overview – Forbes Travel Guide
- Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul overview – Forbes Travel Guide
- The Westin Josun Seoul overview – Forbes Travel Guide
- How travel stopped me from worrying about the unknown – Matador Network
- The dark side of being a Digital Nomad – Matador Network
- Why you should give slow travel a chance – Tripzilla
- Here is why solo female travel is still a big deal – The Huffington Post
- Returning home after traveling the world – The Huffington Post
- Why travel makes me undateable – Thought Catalog
High Heels and a Backpack has successfully worked with many brands around the world; tourism boards, hotels, tours and travel brands. Proven ROI has been demonstrated in all partnerships. Here is a selection of brands I have worked with:
- Hilton Hotel Group
- Coca Cola
- Abraham Tours and Hostels, Israel
- Alternative Athens Tours
- Druk Air, Royal Bhutan Airlines
- Druk Asia, Bhutan Tour Company
- Brown Hotels
- Margi Hotel, Athens
- AthensWas luxury boutique hotel
- The Roman Guy Tours
- Taste Porto Food Tours
If you would like to discuss working together, or you would like to request a media pack or writing portfolio, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]